Saturday, April 2, 2011

April

(Jon took this picture while golfing one day.  This is NOT zoomed in on the rabbit.  He was really this close!)

"Here comes Peter Cottontail, hopping down the bunny trail.  Hippity Hoppity, Easter's on its' way!"  This is a song that my parents sang to me as a child, and it's one that I sing to my girls now.

I cannot believe it is already April!  March just flew past me.  It brings many things to our family - Jon's birthday, the transformation of our lovely open home into a closed up cave with the onset of heat, Easter, movie season, cleaning up the yard, and my favorite...roaches, crickets, ants, and black widows.  Ah, yes.  Pests of Las Vegas.  And I have seen all of them already.  We've stocked up on Raid, roach and ant traps, and fly swatters.  Ick.  I hate them critters.

The yard is a mess.  I've spent two evenings our cleaning up the mulch and repairing sprinkler heads.  Jon spent this morning fixing our pressure valve out front that broke due to our lack of knowledge of freezing temps and exposed pipes here.  As much as I love spring, I am looking forward to getting the work done and being able to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment