Wednesday, July 13, 2011

You would think...

...that I have given up on blogging.  I haven't.  Ever since I decided to open up my own business, I have been so busy.  I even had to make it an honest business, license and all.  I'm happy about that, seriously.  I'm having so much fun with it.  But it's also time consuming.  I use the afternoon naps to work, and then after the girls have gone to bed I work again.  I'm constantly doing something.  Poor Jon, I don't know what he's going to do after he's done with school in September, because each night as I have worked, he's done homework.

Things have been relatively quiet around the house.  Busy, but quiet.  After our bout with chicken pox, the routine has come back.  Jocey finished swimming lessons (with a recommendation to skip a level - ATTA GIRL!) by swimming the full length of the pool and back again.  Caylee has hit the terrible twos a little early, already screaming "MINE" at everything and taking a tumble, head first, off of the back of the couch onto the tile.  She's fine, walking a little crooked, but fine.  ;)  Jon is almost done with school, 5 more weeks!  YAY!  And I'm working.  I obtained a new client 2 weeks ago, a big mortgage firm here in Las Vegas.  I'm getting repeat business from them, so it's awesome.

This past week, we had monsoon weather.  And on Sunday, it came to a tremendous finality.  We had a major storm come through - winds up to 70 mph, flooding, lightning, hail, and a funnel could.  It was insane.  I've never seen a storm like that (well, since I lived in Mississippi).  And of course, I took pictures.  :D


(Just after the storm started, looking out our front window.  I seriously thought we were going to lose our tree.)


(Yeah, see that tree across the street?  It split in 2.  One of many trees in our neighborhood that we lost.)


(Flood waters on our street.  After the storm left, we had trails of mud and dirt everywhere.)


(And a lovely rainbow to end the stormy week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment