We spent days 2 and 3 of Jon's vacation celebrating our 6th anniversary. The day started off like this:
Then we dropped the girls off at my sister-in-law's house, where they would spend the night. Then we headed down to the strip and popped into Nathan's to have a hotdog.
Afterwards, we headed over to the Cosmopolitan and checked into our room, which was so graciously upgraded to a wrap around SUITE on the 55th floor! It was incredible!
(This is the sitting area of the room.)
And this was our view from one side of the suite. You are looking at the Bellagio and Caesar's directly in front. Please click on the picture so you can see the full view.
I loved the wallpaper in the bathrooms. I thought it was a very nice pattern. Then, I looked closely...
(Yeah, that would be women making up the pattern.)
Then I got ready for our evening out. Fancy dress, fancy shoes, fancy hair, it was FUN! We went and ate at Scarpetta's, an Italian restaurant in the Cosmopolitan. It was sooooooooooooo yummy!
Then we headed over to the New York New York to catch a little Cirque du Soleil show - it was incredible! Truly amazing how the human body can bend and move.
(6 years, and still so very in love.)
We got back to the hotel room, and this was the view. OH MY GOSH! I wish I could explain in words how awesome it truly was.
Then, we got up this morning, sat out on the balcony for a while and giggled at the lack of drunk/hungover people from the night before. :) No, we really just sat there and loved being alone and loving the weather and view.
Had a little room service brought in (Nutella stuffed french toast and Eggs Benedict).
Took in one last view of the bedroom, and headed home. It was seriously the most wonderful gift I have ever received - to be able to get away with my hubs for 36 hours and just be a couple again. Truly wonderful. (And BIG thanks to Dawnie for watching the kidlets!)
No comments:
Post a Comment