About 30 minutes after Jon arrived at work this morning, he called me and said, "You know, I never should have gotten out of bed this morning, that's how bad my day is already." About 30 minutes after that, I repeated the same phrase.
Jon had been at work for an hour, and I was getting the girls dressed for the day. I was in Jocey's room helping her get dressed when Caylee closed the door behind us, leaving us in the room. I didn't even flinch. Until Jocey said, "Uh oh, Mommy, I kind of locked the door." No big deal, right? WRONG! When we moved into the house, we turned Jocey's door knob around the other way so that the lock was on the OUTSIDE of the door because she likes to get out of bed repeatedly at night. And now, I was about to pay for that.
I went over to the door, and sure enough, Jocey and I were locked in her room. I once had put a "key" up in her closet in case that happened, but apparently the monkey found it and put it somewhere else. I called for Caylee, who came over, peeked under the door, and then took off. Yup, she realized that she had full reign of the house and wanted to take advantage of it. I looked for anything I could use to open the door. I tried Barbie furniture, a nail on the wall, a hook on Jocey's Christmas tree. And then the bribing began of Caylee - offerings of chocolate, toys, and then slightly mild threats. And after an hour of screaming for Caylee to bring me the phone, cursing the day that I switched the d@mn door knob, I realized that I was going to have to break my way out of the room.
So, we now have a lovely hole through Jocey's bedroom door, and my day just can't be over soon enough. Oh yeah, and Caylee never did come back to try and help us. I found her downstairs, watching cartoons under her snuggie, complete with an assortment of snacks. Typical.
This happened to me too! Warren locked Max in the bathroom. I could not for the life of me get the door unlocked with the creepy key thing. I ended up having to take the door off the hinges. I was so afraid Max would get into the toilet!!
ReplyDeleteLOLOL. Wow that sucks, but it's still hysterical! :) We have an extra key hung up high on a screw on the wall next to the top of the door... of course that's the front door, which we now have to keep bolted (bolts from inside and outside, no turny thingy inside) because my son loves to go outside a little too much, and is a little too friendly to strangers if he gets to the door and answers it first. (I got there once to find him hugging a complete stranger and asking her to come in and play... turns out she was JW. LOL. We're working on stranger danger.)
ReplyDelete