Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Whobilation


Saturday night, we held our annual Christmas Eve party. In the past, we've called it our Cajun Night Before Christmas party.  But, this year, we had a new theme.  We based it off of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas."  And it was a B.L.A.S.T!


I found this awesome wrapping paper at Target that looked very Grinch-ish to me.  It was used as a tablecloth.  I have found the beauty in using wrapping paper for a tablecloth at parties - I don't worry about linens getting dirty, I can just throw it away!

 Each place setting had a name card (with each person's own "Who" name), and a white snowflake ornament with a tag I found off of Pinterest.

And now, for the food.  This was where I had the MOST fun planning this party:

(Virgin appletinis, garnished with sour apple slices and maraschino cherries)

(Stuffing)

(Mashed Potatoes and Gravy)

(Asparagus spears with Hollandaise sauce)

(Cranberres)

(Fried turkey, injected with a creole garlic marinade)

(Banana Salad - don't ask, I can't give you the recipe, but it is DELIGHTFUL!)

(Deviled eggs - I used green gel coloring, meant for icings, to dye them green)

(Key lime cheese ball)

And of course, we had to have our own "Fudge Dudge" contest, complete with egg nog)

The kids made some crafts while the adults cleaned up.




And the best part of the evening, I don't even have pictures for.  We had a "Present Pass It On" where we each brought a gift, spending no more than $1 each.  We sat in a circle while I read "How the Grinch Stole Christmas," and each time I said the word "Who" everyone passed their gift to the right, and each time I said the word "Grinch" we passed our gift to the left.  It was so much fun, and everyone got really creative in their gifts.

We ended the night in our new jammies that our Christmas elf, Sherman, brought us.  It was definitely a Christmas Eve to remember.


2 comments:

  1. Im coming to your house next Christmas Eve!!!! That looked like sooo much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete