Sunday, May 1, 2011

R-r-r-random

It's been a while since I wrote a meaningful post.  One that isn't focused on pictures alone.  So, I'm sitting here, and I'm going to write.

It's May.  I can't believe the first third of the year is over!  I can't believe it's May already and we haven't been boating.  NOT ONCE!  It's frustrating.  But at least we're not having the extreme weather that seems to be plaguing the rest of the country.  I have family all over the country that are dealing with it - in the Rockies with all the snow and upcoming flooding, in the South and East with all the tornadoes and upcoming flooding.  As I've been watching video after video of the tornadoes, I am starting to lose the thrill that I feel when I think about chasing them.  Terror has replaced it.  Maybe it's because I have a more personal connection now.  It's incredible to watch the destruction.  My heart reaches out to those people.  And I feel blessed that all I am dealing with is not boating.

My girls are getting so big.  Jocey is really starting to grow into a girl.  Not a toddler, not a little girl, but a girl.  She is wearing clothes bought out of the girl section, not the infant/toddler section.  She looks so grown up.  Sniff sniff.  While it's fun to see her growing up, it's also sad.  And she is really holding onto her dad right now.  It's sweet.  And it's nice because Caylee is really a mommy's girl right now.  It's been a while since Caylee let me hold her and rock her.  She's been that way a lot this past week.  I love it.

And that's about all I can think of right now.  I've spent the last 2 weeks Spring cleaning my house, and I'm exhausted.  I want a vacation.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment